03 Jul Weight Losing Tips – Your Road to a Leaner Body
Do you want to lose weight fast? As there are actually many things you can do to shed those unwanted pounds, rapid weight loss, like any sudden change in your body, can be fatal. Weight losing hypes such as diet pills and fad diets may actually be effective in losing weight too quickly, but they only offer temporary solutions and could permanently jeopardize your health.
So what’s the best way to lose weight and keep it off? Don’t count on magic and miracles. Instead follow these weight losing tips to shed off extra pounds healthily and naturally.
1. Prepare. Set your mind. Decide whether you really want and really need to lose weight. Set realistic and attainable goals. This is going to motivate you to do the following tips to lose weight effectively.
2. Watch what you eat. Eat generous amounts of low-calorie and nutritious foods such as fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating refined and processed foods as they are heavy in salt, fats, and preservatives. Minimize your sugar intake, as sugar contributes majorly to weight gain.
3. Do not limit your food list, look for alternatives instead.
o Drink plenty of water instead of soda;
o Choose lean meat over red meats. Fish and chicken are both good sources of protein but are very low in fat. Some fishes like tuna, sardines and salmon are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the heart and beneficial to your health;
o Replace sweet deserts with healthy fruity ones like a frozen peach yogurt or a healthy banana cake;
o Opt for healthier side dishes such as fresh vegetable salads instead of french fries, macaroni, or cheese;
o Instead of eating bacon and eggs for breakfast, eat high-fiber cereals, oatmeal, raisin brans, or yogurt;
o Choose low fat milk instead of whole milk.
4. Do not skip meals. When you skip meals you get hungry, and when you get to finally eat you will be hungrier. This could lead to uncontrollable and voracious eating. As a result, you will be eating more calories than what your body needs.
5. Grab a snack. Just because you trying to lose weight doesn’t mean you don’t have to eat snacks. Eat healthy snacks in between meals. Eating healthy snacks such as fruits or vegetable sticks can help you control eating large amount of food at meal times.
6. Know how much you should eat. Too much of eating even healthy foods will still result to weight gain. So watch your portion sizes. Reducing portion size reduces caloric intake.
7. Drink plenty of water. Water is a no-calorie wonder. Replace juice with water since juices add up calories to your diet. Water is also beneficial to your health as it keeps you hydrated.
8. Exercise. To lose weight, you must burn calories more than you consume. Physical activities burn up calories. Do exercises that you find enjoyable. You exercise because you’re enjoying it, not because you have to.
9. Be determine and disciplined. These are the keys you need in order stick to your weight loss plan.
These weight losing tips will help you shed off those unwanted extra pounds. Losing weight is a long-term process. But just by following these weight losing tips, weight loss is not impossible.